Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Catalyst!

So three years ago today, April 1, 2006, I incorporated Catalyst Long Beach in the state of California. Woooo hooooo!

At the time, it was an interesting season of my life. I was transitioning out of Kingdom Causes, the first non-profit I co-founded in 2002 and during that same time I was concurrently imagining broader things - things that eventually led to birthing a new organization that would hopefully continue bringing people together, much like KC is doing within faith-centered circles.

It's been a fun and crazy three years. I had to get a day job to pay the bills since my only previous income had been coming from KC (when I was with them). I'm still at that day job until Catalyst can get sufficient funding so outside of the work hours, I've been building relationships with folks in the evenings...getting to know people, hearing their passions, and sharing hearts and vision for what could be.

The vision for Catalyst Community is to see every area and region inspired with a greater sense of community, collaboration, and citizenship through meaningful relationships.

So in a nutshell, we catalyze collaborative communities to build relationships, establish partnerships, inspire growth, and encourage contribution.

"connect and affect"

Big thanks to Ryan Blanc and Dario Calderon who have been a huge part of shaping the direction that we are now going with Catalyst. Since 2008 they've been Board members and an awesome team. We could sure use the help!

Would you consider joining the Catalyst Team?
http://www.gocatalyst.org/page/CATALYST+TEAM

Thanks friends and Happy Birthday us!

No comments:

Post a Comment